Flagging or Patio Stone Options
The best way to determine which stone is right for your application is to come by the yard and take a look for yourself! We're here and ready to help you pick the best stone for your installation.
Planning For Your Flagging Installation
Whether you’re considering a walkway, patio, or flagstone installation there are some simple planning considerations that will make your project a success:
- Measure the length and width of the area to determine square footage.
- Depending on the type of stone you pick the bed depth required will be different.
- Consider using small aggregate to fill the gaps between the stones.
- A natural stone patio or walkway can really add to the curb appeal of your property.
- Some stones will have minor color changes over time.
Patio Stone Coverage
Steppers = 1-2” thick @ 90 – 110 square feet per ton
Large Flagging = 1.5-2” thick @ 70– 90 square feet per ton
Large Flagging = 2-3” thick @ 50 – 70 square feet per ton
Large Flagging = 3- 4” thick @ 40 – 50 square feet per ton
Jumbo Flagging = 3.5- 4.5” thick @ 35 – 40 square feet per ton
Coverage may vary depending on field conditions, depending on tightness of joints
Square feet = Length x Width
How can we help you with your project?
Drop us a line today, we'd be glad to help!
Download Our DIY Planner
This handy tool will help you plan your project!